The Reality Lab Lectures return for another season, with a great lineup of speakers! The lectures will be open to the public (space allowing), and will be filmed for later posting on the YouTube Channel of the UW Reality Lab.
These lectures are arranged to coincide with the Virtual & Augmented Reality Capstone class (CSE481v). We hope that the collected videos of these talks will be a foundation of thought on what AR/VR means now, and where it is going in the future.
- April 9: Tom Furness (University of Washington)
- April 23: Andrew Rabinovich (Magic Leap)
- April 29: Timoni West (Unity)
- May 7: Yaser Sheikh (Facebook Reality Labs)
- May 14: Jessica Brillhart (Vrai Pictures)
- May 21: Philip Rosedale (Secondlife & HighfidelityVR)
- May 28: Yelena Rachitsky & Isabel Tewes (Oculus VR)
These talks will take place at 2:30pm PST, in room G10 of UW’s “CSE2” (The Bill & Melinda Gates Center for Computer Science & Engineering).
The Reality Lab Lectures bring important researchers and practitioners from a variety of disciplines to the UW campus to discuss Augmented, Virtual, and Mixed Reality, and to suggest what their work might mean for other disciplines working on related questions as well as for the future of the AR/VR field. Lectures happen during the academic year at the Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering on the UW campus.